My Photo
Name:
Location: Sakai, Osaka, Japan

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday, March the 2nd, 2008

Now it becomes clear why we can hardly communicate each other today. As our judgement "has its ground in the particular character of the subject," (p.460, Immanuel Kant, "Critique of Pure Reason", 2003, Dover Publications, New York) the judgement "cannot be communicated." (ibid.)
I have read through "Critique of Pure Reason." I started reading it because I felt some similarity between today's cognitive science and Kant's philosophy. At the beginning, I was moved to see Kan's far-seeing intelligence. He almost predicted the achievement of today's cognitive science without any assistance of scientific experiments. As I kept reading, however, I started wondering if it was Kant's prophecy that preceeded today's science, or if it is today's scientists who have just followed his frameworks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home