My Photo
Name:
Location: Sakai, Osaka, Japan

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wednesday, February the 27th, 2008

The graduation ceremony day. I have no special emotion as they are not my "year."
Yesterday, I handed out the last paper for the compulsory training for English teachers. It was a kind of cook-up. There I pointed out that we need the help of scholars to "account for the inextinguishable desire in the human mind to find a firm footing in some region beyond the limits of the world of experience". (p.447, Immanuel Kant, "Critique of Pure Reason", 2003, Dover Publications, New York)
I had a half day off after the ceremony. I'm afraid I badly needed a rest after spending 3 hours in the cold gym. It is well said, "Toshiyori no hiya-mizu" (literally, cold water against the aged).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home