My Photo
Name:
Location: Sakai, Osaka, Japan

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Saturday, March the 1st, 2008

The first day of the month. It means we have had another month passed. 17 days before my younger daughter has her entrance examination. 12 months before my elder daughter has her entrance examination. 10 years before my retirement. How many years before my death?
"(W)ithout a God and without a world, ... the glorious ideas of morality are, indeed, objects of approbation and of admiration, but cannot be the springs of purpose and action." (p.456, Immanuel Kant, "Critique of Pure Reason", 2003, Dover Publications, New York) I may put it this way: without something,"the glorious ideas of morality are, indeed, objects of approbation and of admiration, but cannot be the springs of purpose and action." Then what is the "something", which connects "the glorious ideas of morality" and "purpose and action"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home