My Photo
Name:
Location: Sakai, Osaka, Japan

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Medical Checkup at the Foot of Mt. Rokko

Town lights are ascending toward the foot of Mt. Rokko. The view through the window is unbelivably beautiful. The unbelievability is highlighted by the fact that the building I am in is a hospital. I am staying here for an anual medical checkup. Tsukaguchi Station had been renewed after my last stay here, 6 years ago. The Daiei supermarket was replaced by the Ikari supermarket, a celebrated supermarket chain around Ashiya, a high-class residential town between Osaka and Kobe. Those suggest the area around here has been bouncing back from the aftermath of the Hanshin earthquake. I just hope newly-built houses creeping up the hill will never get to the top of the mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home