My Photo
Name:
Location: Sakai, Osaka, Japan

Monday, August 16, 2010

July, 2010

Thursday, July the 1st, 2010

It's another hot morning. The morning sun is sending its beams directly onto the lower bounds. I feel really tired after yesterday's concert. Some students badly need listenership.

Friday, July the 2nd, 2010

A hot cloudy morning. The last class day of the week at last! The problem is if I can survive the coming 8 or 9 hours.

It is still hot in the tram. The air-conditioner conditions the air's temperature but not its smell. It smells stuffy.

Yesterday, I started using the Twitter for real. I might as well use it for a large scale concerning career education.

Saturday, July the 3rd, 2010

It's raining so hard. The air smells damp and acrid. I hear raindrops falling. It sounds like tens of thousands of faucets are developing their water out in millions of drips. I have fitted out my Twitter in Japanese, while I have been using Facebook in English. Should I have second thoughts about using Hatena in Japanese and Blogger in English? Everything should be organized around branding myself. I have no time to waste.

To twitter, or to grumble? That is the question. Or to grouch? Boyaki sounds suited to the twitter. However, I want to be positive, or have to live positively toward the end of my career. I have only several years left.

Sunday, July the 4th, 2010

Another cloudy morning after yesterday's being a rainy day. A high-rise apartment building has built on the eastern of the station, which shed a long shadow to ease the morning sun. I've got a seat on the morning commuting train. Of course, it's Sunday today. No wonder!

The Yamato River has gathered water and spread its width. The southern edge of its water is almost washing its concrete bank. A typical scene after a long rain. As the train approaches the terminal, the clouds have started dimming the sun up. The sun, for now, is shading the world with its dimly bright lights. Is the world lighted or unlighted? Or should I say, “Is the world enlightened or obscured?”

Monday, July the 5th, 2010

This morning, it was so fine and bright that every and any leaf had its own dark side, shadows. “(O)nly in dark the light, … bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.” (from The Creation of Ea) The world is fringed with shadows.

Tuesday, July the 6th, 2010

Thick greens are sinking in the light rain. Trains are delayed for half an hour. Rains are sometimes troublesome.

Wednesday, July the 7th, 2010

The Tanabata Day has a foggy morning. Or does the air contain so much humid that the greens over there seem to be masked?

On the train, two girl students are busy cramming for their music test, probably this morning's. One remembers perfectly which part starts in which bar in which major/minor in Bach's Fughetta.

Thursday, July the 8th, 2010

The shadow of the opposite apartment building gives us a relief in such a fine hot summer morning. How do you dare to be a teacher on such a stout day?

A day of work has finished, watching the movie Ooku for a little more than 2 hours. The viewing gave certain tired feeling.

Friday, July the 9th, 2010

Another cloudy morning with a lot of humid around me. Is it only around me? Or around the world? Around the Universe? Is it wet or dry in the space?

It's still something like the darkness before the dawn. The clouds are so thick that even the 7:33 sun cannot send enough light onto the ground. I wonder if the darkness will be cleared sometime. Or someday?

Saturday, July the 10th, 2010

A fine morning was not so hot, but it's getting hotter to ward the noon.

Sunday, July the 11th, 2010

A cloudy morning has been leading to a rainy afternoon.

"Not there. Not on the sea. Not on the sea but on dry land: what land? Before the springs of the open sea, beyond the sources, behind the gates of daylight ---" (Le Guin, p.190) Where am I going? Not there. Not in the world. Before the Western Pure Land, beyond the hope, behind the dead end.

It's so hot on the platform. Hot and wet. The fine but steady rain is adding humid to the air. I wonder why the temperature below our body and water which our body also contains can give us such an unpleasing feeling.

Monday, July the 12th, 2010

It's a very windy morning. Is the warm weather front passing northward so as to bring the summer after it? The House of Councilors election has passed. What to leave after it?

The rain is going down softly and lightly at Ten'noji. However wet the rain makes it, there could be a blessing rain. However confusing the result might look, could there be a blessing election?

Tuesday, July the 13th, 2010

It suddenly restarted raining. It had rained hard last midnight. Thanks to the rain, the breezes are a little bit cooler, although they have much, or even more, humid within themselves. The season is going forward, however slowly it is.

I have segregated my habitats in the Facebook and/or the Twitter. The next question is how to form a new community suitable for the Twitter. More specifically speaking, with whom I should start recruiting.

Wednesday, July the 14th, 2010

It's raining wetly. So wetly, that every inch of the air feels to be stuffed with water, humid, vapor, whatever you may call it.

I don't want to lose to anybody, any game.

Thursday, July the 15th, 2010

A jungle. The thickness of the greens is that of a jungle. The damp of the air is that of a jungle. Is the law of the business that of a jungle?

Friday, July the 16th, 2010

Cicadas! Just a little bit of the summer sun shine gives us cicadas singing.

The tram is being invaded with the spillover (or spill-in?) of the hot air outside. Once the door is shut, it is a world apart of the outside world. The separateness seems rather ridiculous today.

Monday, July the 19th, 2010

A very very hot morning even from the very start of the day. Finishing the morning routines, I'm heading toward school to take care of the club. It will be another hot day.

My right elbow has been aching since a couple of days ago. I shouldn't have bitten off more than I could chew. The question is whether I should ask ECC or TOEFL Seminar to send someone to explain TOEFL.

It's sweating hot at noon. I've sent out some messages to broaden my Twitter and/or Facebook communities.

Tuesday, July the 20th, 2010

Another very hot morning. I'm sweating even before drying the washings.

It's so sweating! I have sweated a lot even before getting to Ten'noji-ekimae Stop. Two more days! Two more days, and I will be freed somewhat. Not thoroughly, but at least somewhat.

Wednesday, July the 21st, 2010

The last class day before the summer holidays is another melting hot day. I really feel grateful to the apartment building in the east of the station.

Sitting on the tram, I'm thinking of the coming day, 1 English Expression class, 1 Comprehension Study class, general cleaning, and then general meeting of students. It sounds I'm having a very general morning. Later in the afternoon, I will have trilateral confabulation. That will make another hard day.

Thursday, July the 22nd, 2010

We are having the SEC camp at Nagai Youth Hostel today, and tomorrow. I have to consolidate questionnaires.

Friday, July the 23rd, 2010

Just too hot! I can hardly bear the hotness. I should have left home earlier, as early as I usually do. This morning, I'm heading to the Nagai Youth Hostel, which is closer than the school. I'm taking the train more than 1 hour later than usual. We have barely a shadow. The sun beams are much stronger.

Here I am in Nagai YH. It's blessing cool inside the building. Compared with the outside, it's just a heaven.

Saturday, July the 24th, 2010

Another infernally hot day.

Sunday, July the 25th, 2010

I'm visiting Seiko Gakuen on such a hot day to take care of the club without the help of the coach. It will be another tiresome day.

Monday, July the 26th, 2010

It's head-emptying hot this morning. My head has been almost faded out.

I bought a 420-yen Japanese lunch box in Ten'noji Station this morning, and moved on to the tram stop. The 8:50 tram is surprisingly uncrowded. Is it because almost all the high school students are having their summer holidays now?

Tuesday, July the 27th, 2010

The Twitter might be a good answer for the school public relations. That will enable each doer of each educational activity to send out the information of the activity. That will make the school public relations more efficient and speedier than carrying it out via a transmitter of various information.

Wednesday, July the 28th, 2010

Yesterday was a laboring day. I cleaned the male locker room in the morning, and helped remove pieces of furniture in an ALT's apartment room.

Today is, meanwhile, another hot day. Hot is hot, but, as it is very cloudy, it's not so hot as it has been for about a week.

The Twitter might also coordinate school public relations with information generators' personal branding and carrier development.

Thursday, July the 29th, 2010

I am trapped in a prison. As such, my notebook is Prison Notebook. Americans sound to believe partisanship is the evidence or proof of political sophistication. If so, being sophisticated just means being automatic. Is sophistication merely automatism?

It seems that I have always been pursuing "interdisciplinary projects” which “are almost always the most difficult to finance” or to win approval, “because it is difficult to identify ... agencies who will also be interested in breaking down barriers." (Marco Iacooni, "Mirroring People", 2008, Picador, New York, p.248) To carry on such projects I have to meet people in other discipline "several times over the course of a year to figure out how to set up a series of experiments that would address the various issues” all the participants are “interested in.” We are “venturing into the unknown.” It will take “us a while to shape our interests and ideas into viable experimental designs. When we finally do, we have “to face the standing problem in” education. “How could we fund the project?"(ibid., p.247)

Friday, July the 30th, 2010

A hot morning after the rain is very humid. Having washed out, the greens look a bit refreshed, and are simmering in the morning sun shine.

Iacooni says, "The subjects who knew a lot about politics were the ones who responded quickly and with consistent attitudes. The subjects who didn't know nearly as much took a long time to respond and then did so 'inconsistently.'" (Marco Iacooni, "Mirroring People", 2008, Picador, New York, p.245/246) The truth can be the other way around: The subjects who responded quickly and with consistent attitudes were considered to be the ones who knew a lot about politics. The subjects who nearly as much took a long time to respond and then did so “inconsistently” were, on the other hand, considered to be the ones who didn't know.

If I give you inconsistent ideas consistently, am I consistent, or inconsistent? Does the consistency mean that I will get caught in every and any trap? If so, even the freedom might mean that we walk around along the prison wall.

Saturday, July the 31st, 2010

The sky seen in the prison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home