Old Edo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage #22 Junryo-ji Temple
Priest Mon’yo was given a house at Nishkubo, Edo, in 1635. In 1648, the lot was alternated with that at Itakuracho, Azabu. It is unknown when it became a temple and was named Junryo-ji.
On the maps published in 1876 and in 1887, we can find Junryo-ji Temple. It, however, was not on the map published in 1941. It is unknown when and why it was abolished.
According to another record, it was Meiryo-ji Temple in Nishikubo that was #22 of Old Edo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage. It is unknown and unknowable today whether the temple name was wrongly recorded or the two temples were different temples.
Address:1 Higashiazabu, Tokyo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home